FOLK ARCHITECTURE – VERNACULAR ARCHITECTURE
with an outlook to folk music and folk dance
TRADITIONS and RURAL DEVELOPMENT
June 8 (morning) – June 10 (early afternoon), 2012
Budapest – Veszprém – Szentendre
SCHEDULE / VENUES:
(1) International Conference on Folk Architecture – Vernacular Architecture
(2) Conference and Discussion on Traditions and Rural Development
(3) Folk music / Bartók – Takács – Schulze (conference with music)
(4) Roundtable and exhibition “Forma”, which is also the title of a new journal of the Faculty of Architecture, Technical University of Budapest
(5) Evening program: Schulze’s Indonesian Theater
JUNE 9 (Saturday) – VESZPRÉM (110 km from Budapest to the West)
Headquarter of the Hungarian Academy of Science (MTA)
Address: 8200 Veszprém, Vár Street /Castle Street/ 37
The brief history of the city:
Conferences – continued
JUNE 10 (Sunday) – SZENTENDRE (20 km from Budapest to the North)
Open Air Ethnographic Museum (“Skanzen”)
Excursion and mini-conference with the local specialists
(folk architecture, folk art, folk music).
GOALS of the conference are
– to exchange information in an international circle,
– to share ideas how to preserve the sites of folk / vernacular architecture,
– to discuss how the related knowledge may help modern architecture in the 21st century.
We also hope to provide a regular (bi-annual?) forum in the future with the above goals.
HOTEL (for the entire period):
We negotiated a special price for the participants, close to an iconic boulevard in Budapest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; see:
There will be a bus for the trip of the 2nd and 3rd day.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact: Denes Nagy – email: firstname.lastname@example.org